IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH - Waupaca, Wisconsin
Church Service Restart (beginning 5/21/20)
As we prepare to reopen our doors for worship and service, “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his mercy endures forever.” We rejoice to come to the house of the Lord and once again call on his name with our brothers and sisters in faith.
To be sure, the time for caution is not yet in the past. Out of love for one another, it is wise to be careful and diligent in our methods of reopening. The following guidelines will therefore be in place when you return to worship at Immanuel Lutheran Church. They have been developed in connection with the recommendations of the CDC and in collaboration with other WELS congregations. These guidelines will be reevaluated on a monthly basis, adapting as necessary.
Blessings and health on all of you in the coming days and weeks.
- Public services will begin on Thursday, May 21 and Sunday, May 24.
- We will offer services on Thursday at 7:00 PM and Sunday at 8:00 and 10:30 AM. Beginning June 7, Sunday services will be held at 8:00 and 9:30 AM.
- The 8:00 Sunday service will continue to be on WDUX FM 92.7 and live streamed.
- We will ensure proper distancing and sanitation to the best of our ability.
- Those who have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Those who are at high risk of serious illness or who are uncomfortable attending services at this time are encouraged to stay home and worship with radio or online.
- You are welcome to wear a mask, but they are not required. We will have a limited number of masks available for free, but you are encouraged to bring your own.
- Everyone should practice distancing and good hygiene.
- Every other row of pews will be closed, ensuring six feet of distance between members.
- One household will be allowed per pew or at each end of the pew as long as proper distance is maintained.
- Any overflow from the sanctuary will worship in the fellowship hall with the service broadcast on screen.
- High contact surfaces (like pews and door handles) will be disinfected after every service.
- A deeper cleaning will be done each week.
- Hymnals, Bibles, and friendship registers have been removed from the pews.
- Those who are accustomed to following along in hymnals are encouraged to bring their own.
- The entire service (including hymns and psalms) will be printed in the bulletin. Bulletins will not be collected at the end of the service; either take them home or dispose of them.
- Offering plates will be available in the entry way for offerings.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the doors.
- There will be no hand shaking before the service.
- The doors from the entry way to the sanctuary will remain open at all times.
- Ushers will be present in the entry way to guide people in these new procedures.
- Those who do not wish to commune or are not comfortable communing at this time are welcome to stay home and watch or listen to the service there.
- Individual wafers and cups will be placed on tables at the front of church. No direct, personal distribution will happen except for those who normally commune in the pew.
- Communicants will line up in the center aisle at safe distances. After taking communion, they will proceed down the side aisle back to their seat.
- The pulpit side will commune first, then the lectern side.
- Each communicant will take a wafer from the first table, and a cup from the second table. Vessels for disposal of the cups will be next to the table.
- The common cup will not be used for a time.
- When all have communed and returned to their seats, they will be dismissed by the pastor.
- Pastors will dismiss people at the end of worship as usual, but they will not shake hands.
- If members wish to remain and socialize, they are encouraged to maintain social distancing guidelines.
To access the recorded worship services on this website:
Click on the box, top / right "Sermons Audio / Visual Downloads" and it will take you to the screen with all of the sermons. The most recent is at the top. Click on that. You may have to adjust your volume on your computer and/or on the video. Also, the worship folder/bulletin is also on this website for reference. Under the sliding pictures, click on the box "Newletters and Bulletins". Click on the 'down arrow' for the drop down box and select "Bulletins". The top one is the most recent.
Welcome to Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church ~ Come join us!
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SCHEDULE:
8:00 am Worship (Broadcast live on WDUX-FM 92.7) - In-house worship will follow the CDC guidelines as posted in the above notice.
(Services are live-streamed, recorded and posted on the church website and Facebook page)
9:30 am Worship (summer schedule) - In-house worship will follow CDC guidelines.
Sunday School & Adult Bible Class will resume in the Fall.
THURSDAY EVENING WORSHIP SCHEDULE:
7:00 PM Worship - In-house worship begins Thursday, May 21, 2020 (summer schedule)
I know that my Redeemer lives! Victory is ours in heaven.
Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church
1120 Evans Street
Waupaca, WI 54981
Call us at 715-258-0204
MAP AND DIRECTIONS:
Prayers and Devotions:
Visit this link to find prayers and devotions: wels.net
Joyfully proclaiming Christ crucified in word and song!
It is our mission, according to God's Word to GLORIFY God in all that we do, to GROW in his Word, to GATHER together in unity with the Word, and to GO proclaiming his Word into all the world.